Fast Facts About Cherry Hill, South Jersey
Population (2020): 74,553
- Newark, NJ: 1hr 30min
- Trenton, NJ: 40min
- Philadelphia, PA: 20min
- Philadelphia International Airport: 30min
- Atlantic City International Airport: 1hr 15min
Median income (2020):
- Individual: $44,730
- Household: $101,477
Type of location: Urban / suburban
Why is Cherry Hill, South Jersey, a Nice Place to Live?
Cherry Hill, South Jersey, is a township in Camden County. It’s a suburb of Philadelphia with a mixture of urban and suburban characteristics, and it’s the 12th most populous township in New Jersey. It’s known as an employment hub for many corporations and local businesses, including TD Bank, one of the largest national banks.
Despite its reputation as a commercial district, Cherry Hill is a very family-friendly place with highly-rated schools. The local public school district is Cherry Hill Public Schools, which is the 11th largest school district in the state. It includes 12 elementary schools, three middle schools, two high schools, and one alternative high school. There are also a few private schools, and Camden County College has a campus location in the area.
What is Cherry Hill Known For?
Living in Cherry Hill means proximity to Philadelphia and there’s tons of activities and attractions residents have access to, including the Liberty Bell, Philadelphia Zoo, and The Franklin Institute Science Museum.
Within the township, Cherry Hill has 51 public parks, giving residents plenty of greenspace for sports and recreational activities. Nearby Cooper River Park, Palmyra Cove Nature Park, and Black Run Preserve provide more outdoor access.
For shopping, Cherry Hill has the Cherry Hill Mall, with restaurants and popular stores like Apple, Sephora, Macy’s, and Zara.
What Are the Best Restaurants in Cherry Hill?
Some of the restaurants in Cherry Hill with the highest-rated Google reviews include:
- Bahama Breeze, for Caribbean cuisine and tropical cocktails
- Maggiano’s Little Italy, for Italian plates and family-style dishes
- Seasons 52, for modern American food made with seasonal ingredients in an upscale environment
- The Capital Grille, for a fine dining steak experience
- Houlihan’s, for a mix of small happy hour plates and larger lunch and dinner dishes including tacos, burgers, fish and chips, and more
To learn more about purchasing a home or living in Cherry Hill, South Jersey, check out the median home price and inventory here or call me at (856) 230-7077 to get immediate help.