Fast Facts About Living in Mickleton, South Jersey
Population (2020): 5,148
- Newark, NJ: 1hr 35min
- Trenton, NJ: 55min
- Philadelphia, PA: 30min
Median income (2020):
- Individual: $46,362
- Household: $128,162
Type of location: Suburban / Rural
Why is Mickleton, South Jersey, a Nice Place to Live?
Mickleton, South Jersey, is an unincorporated community within East Greenwich Township in Gloucester County. It’s a rural suburb of Philadelphia, with a mix of farming areas and modern suburban housing developments. Mickleton is half an hour outside of Philadelphia, making it a great place to live for commuters to the city. Overall, the area is rated as family-friendly and has a high-quality public school district.
Children living in Mickleton attend the East Greenwich Township School District. The district contains two schools that serve students in Pre-K through sixth grade. Students in seventh through twelfth grades attend the nearby Kingsway Regional School District, which also has two schools and a student-teacher ratio of 13.7 to 1.
High school students also have the option to attend the Gloucester County Institute of Technology, a vocational and technical high school in neighboring Deptford Township.
What is Mickleton Known For?
There are many family farms, farmer’s markets, and brewing companies in and around Mickleton. One of the most well-known is Cecil Creek Farms, which hosts summer camps, field trips, tree planting, and other events throughout the year. The farm also has restaurants, markets, and gift shops featuring local, organic produce that are open on Fridays and Saturdays. It also hosts private events like weddings.
Other farmer’s markets include Rosie’s Farm Market and the Mullica Hill Amish Market. For breweries, residents can visit Death of the Fox Brewing Company, Swedesboro Brewing Company, and Neck of the Woods Brewing.
Residents living in Mickleton also have easy access to Philadelphia and everything the city offers, from the Philadelphia Museum of Art, Liberty Bell, Independence Hall, and The Franklin Institute.
What Are the Best Restaurants in Mickleton?
Some of the restaurants near Mickleton with the highest-rated Google reviews include:
- Cecil Creek Farm, for a family-run farm offering cafe and fine dining options featuring local, organic meals
- Cinder Bar, for elevated takes on classic bar favorites, like wood-fired pizzas, sandwiches, steaks, salads, and craft brews
- Penn Pizza Palace, for Sicilian-style pizzas, calzones, subs, soups, and more
- Mt Royal Inn, for a bar and grill offering brunch and lunch options like sandwiches, pizzas, tacos, and classic bar appetizers.
- Grillbillies Island BBQ, for Caribbean-style BBQ plates like po boys, paninis, tacos, empanadas, burgers, and a selection of breakfast options