Looking for some fun activities around South Jersey this weekend? Here are some fun things to do around Gloucester, Camden, Atlantic, and Salem Counties this weekend.
We’ve got some family-oriented activities👨👩👧👦, and some for adults only🍷🥂. Read on to see what South Jersey has to offer:
Maple sugaring is a tradition in the Northeast that began centuries ago with the Native Americans and Colonists. People of all ages are invited to see this tradition brought to life at the Environmental Education Center (EEC). You will see how trees are tapped, view sap-collecting methods past and present, and see the boiling process that produces delicious New Jersey maple syrup.
This 60-minute, outdoor program is conducted at our Sugar Shack, a ½-mile hike from the EEC. Please arrive at the EEC 30-40 minutes before the program start time to purchase tickets and hike to the Sugar Shack to meet your Naturalist. Please dress appropriately for the weather conditions. Boots are recommended as the trails can be wet, muddy, and/or covered by snow.
Walk-in ticket sales only. Tickets for Maple Sugaring will be sold the day of the program inside the EEC building.
Waivers must be completed for each participant. Waivers will be available at the front desk.
Please note: In inclement weather, please call 908-722-1200 ext.5002 to check the status of the program. Maple Sugaring tickets are non-refundable, unless cancelled by the EEC.
Saturdays and Sundays in February
Noon and 2:00pm
$6 per student/senior
$7 per adult
Organized groups should contact Kurt Bender at email@example.com or 908-722-1200 ext. 5332 to schedule a Maple Sugaring program.
- Marvel at stunning Ice Sculptures by Larry Watkins & The Bikini Boys
- Warm up by the cozy Fire Pits
- Sip and savor with Wine Tastings by Cream Ridge Winery
- Explore unique handmade creations from our talented Makers
- Indulge in delicious bites from Food Trucks
- Shop at the Village Shoppes
- Encounter fascinating Animal Exhibits
- Groove to the beats by DJ Lenny Lounge
- Strike a pose with Fear Marvelous Photo-Ops (Characters TBA)
SATURDAY 2/10/24 &
Located at New Egypt Flea Market Village
933 Monmouth Rd, Cream Ridge, NJ 08514.
Get ready to embrace the thrill!
ASBURY PARK VALENTINE’S BAZAAR 2024
Saturday, February 10th, 2024 | Noon to 5 pm
Shop & Stroll at our Two Locations
The Asbury Hotel + Grand Arcade of Convention Hall
Can’t Buy Me Love! Don’t miss the Asbury Park Valentine’s Bazaar on Saturday, February 10, 2024 from 12-5 pm! Shop incredible local and regional vendors selling goods and gifts hand made with love. Come shop & stroll at both of our pop up locations at The Asbury Hotel and Grand Arcade of Convention Hall! Featuring local vendors, food & libations, photo stations, flower bar, kids activities, workshops and more. The events are indoors, free, all ages, and pet friendly.
Bring a date, family member and friend or celebrate Galentine’s Day with us! The event will feature:
- SHOPPING: Pick up perfect gifts for your loved ones (or yourself!). Vendors will be selling gifts and goods ranging from handcrafted jewelry, art, home goods, and chocolates. Check out our Valentine’s Vendor Directory (Asbury Hotel) (Convention Hall)!
- VALENTINE’S DAY PHOTOS: Bring your sweetheart and take beautiful photos at our immersive Valentine’s Day Photo Stations designed by Every Excuse for a Party (Convention Hall) and J Love & Co (Asbury Hotel).
- FRESH FLOWER BOUQUET BAR: Pick up beautiful fresh flower bouquets for your loved one from Wicked Florist (Convention Hall) and Made of Leaves (Asbury Hotel)
- KIDS ACTIVITIES:
- Kids Sensory Kit Station by A Wide World of Wonder (Asbury Hotel)
- Face Painting by Krissy Face Paint (Convention Hall)
- VALENTINE’S DAY FLORAL ARRANGEMENT workshop hosted by Amber and Earth 12-1:30 pm. At this hands-on workshop, you will learn to design and create your very own everlasting dried floral arrangement (Asbury Hotel).
- BOOZY BRUSHES SIP & PAINT: Get ready for an artsy day at the Asbury Park Valentine’s Bazaar, where we’ll be painting wine bottles / vases & creating flower bouquets. 2:30-5 pm (Asbury Hotel). Purchase tickets here.
- MUSIC: DJ Astrovan (Mike Chick from Yawn Mower) at Asbury Hotel
- FOOD & LIBATIONS at Seahorse, Oyster Bar and Asbury Hotel
Vendor applications are now closed. But you can add your name to our waitlist here or apply as an official event sponsor below!
#1 in Education
#2 in Public Health
#4 in Public Safety
#4 in Healthcare
Wine and Music Amongst The Vines at Plagido’s is Happening in South Jersey This Weekend!
Wine & Music Amongst the Vines
570 N 1st Road
Hammonton, NJ 08037
Plagido’s specializes in small artisanal hand-crafted wines, that are produced using a basket press. The grapes come from small lots, on a single vineyard, with sandy loam soil. The quality of wine speaks for itself.
Come escape to their little oasis located in the heart of South Jersey. They welcome you to relax on our patio with a glass of wine and enjoy the tranquil view of their vineyard.
The Tasting room is open daily, for tastings, relaxation, and wine sales. Groups of 6 or more require a reservation.
They have live music every weekend!
For More Information Click Here:
Visit the Battleship NJ!
Anchored along the New Jersey-side of the Delaware River just across from Philadelphia, the Battleship New Jersey is a must-see attractions while in the area. Military history enthusiasts will put this at the top of their list of places to visit in New Jersey and places to visit in Philadelphia. However, the tours of the Battleship New Jersey are interactive, so guests of all ages and interests will equally enjoy themselves as they navigate the decks of the Battleship. You will be going up and down on ladders, stepping through passageways and sometimes maneuvering in tight spaces – just like the officers and the crew of the USS New Jersey did. We’re among the best tourism-related things to do in Philadelphia and for good reason – coming aboard a real battleship and experiencing history can leave a lasting impact.
See a Galaxy, Light, or Laser Show at the Planetarium
Look to the skies with the Edelman Planetarium! They offer live stargazing and immersive 360-degree video on their digital sky. Private shows can be scheduled for school, church, and scout groups. All are welcome to attend their public shows. Check out our special events for one-time events and special programming. View the night skies through their telescopes during their observatory open houses.Tickets for Edelman Planetarium